Christ, our western world metaphor. Our measurement of time. Ramifications of Our greatest Death. Threat? of what happens next seated at the right hand of god. d-o-g and what about carrying on Bodhisattva after 34.?

Simone Ali's Mother

My photo
Iowa City soon, IA
Born Boston Irish Catholic 3rd Generation. b. 1973, Picasso died, Vietnam too for US and Silent Spring, all still, all still felt.

Seeking Higher Education

Ice Rink Zamboni duties, Snowy drawings. Paths.
To Grad school or not to Grad School. No time like the present except for the cutting of ties, the leaving what has been built up and heading into the uncertain future. Writing Statements of Purpose outlying goals that seem to resemble what is somewhat achieved brings to mind Mark Twain. "Do not let Schooling get in the way of Education." Perhaps this is mere self-protection for when the rejection letters come. I wish I had twice as many years in my thirties. My Gemini spirit fully activated I am cotimplating a future that could begin either in New Orleans at a University that would pay me for my participation in what I envision as aiding a city and our country in recovery from its past. Or the highly sought path of the elite, Yale University and the continuation of that very past that institutionalizes our country's seperate societies. These are the extremes, but i have accepted through hte process that an organized system of learning will expedite my understandings...discipline.

As I worked to clear the backyard ice block, homemade pond hocky rink of my two young nephews I wondered what I believe most. My nephews are beginning a long (but truly short) road of education,of life and their capable parents are trying to "give them every advantage." Their pursuit mirrors mine, private school as I question my own beginnings and how they might be either undone or capatalized on.? Don't want to miss out, it seems that such a path will open doors, but by design must close others, what is truly the right path is that which is for You. The Heisenberg Principle...

In quantum physics, the outcome of even an ideal measurement of a system is not deterministic, but instead is characterized by a probability distribution, and the larger the associated standard deviation is, the more "uncertain" we might say that that characteristic is for the system. The Heisenberg uncertainty principle, or HUP, gives a lower bound on the product of the standard deviations of position and momentum for a system, implying that it is impossible to have a particle that has an arbitrarily well-defined position and momentum simultaneously.

It seems very unlikely that with such a great hockeyed beginnings, skating at age 3, with equiptment, instruction and encouragement and study through media that it would make any sort of sense to take up basketball. Pursuit. Nurture ad Nature as one.

Choice, America.

No comments:

IN FINITE

IN FINITE
oil on panel 12"x24"